AEC has the following vacancy at this time.
Appalachian Electric Cooperative (AEC) is a Rural Electric Cooperative serving parts of Jefferson, Grainger, Hamblen, and Sevier counties in East Tennessee. We currently have an opportunity for an IT Systems Administrator in our New Market, Tennessee office. AEC offers a highly competitive total compensation package.
The IT Systems Administrator participates in planning, implementing, securing, documenting, maintaining, and operating the Cooperative’s network, server, desktop, and storage infrastructure.
This is a full-time position with the opportunity for a hybrid work structure following a training period.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports (e.g., builds, deploys, hardens, documents, trouble shoots) Windows Server infrastructure in a virtualized VMware environment with focus on: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, file system permissions/sharing.
- Implements and supports Office 365 environment (e.g., Exchange, OneDrive, Azure AD, Teams).
- Administers or responsible for IT infrastructure including email, SCCM, WSUS, AAA, web filter, storage, anti-virus, multifactor authentication, email filter, telephony, firewalls, patching, updates, IPS, IDS, wireless, hardware/software licenses, and policies.
- Interfaces with employees, vendors and contractors for troubleshooting, problem resolution, service improvement, service design, installation, and projects regarding all software and hardware related to IT infrastructure.
- Responsible for system backups/restores (e.g., Datto).
- Deploys and monitors systems and provides information and statistics and/or acts on system performance and capacity alerts for items such as CPU, RAM, storage, etc. to ensure that server and storage infrastructure has adequate capacity, reliability, and availability.
- Manages Mobile Device Management platform (e.g., MaaS360).
- Documents system designs and architectures using tools such as Microsoft Visio and Excel.
- Periodically works evenings and weekends to support upgrades and system maintenance activities.
- Participates in on-call rotation, providing support for all IT infrastructure and applications.
- Stays abreast of rapid changes in technology by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks and participating in professional organizations
- Serves as Tier 2 support for technical needs of Tier 1 IT personnel and Cooperative end users. This will include answering how-to questions, providing system and network status, troubleshooting various technologies, and escalating issues when necessary.
- Provides education and training to employees on various IT topics
- Follows standard procedures using available tools to complete requests with minimal assistance
- Follows all company and safety policies, rules and regulations
- May require reporting to work outside of normal hours to assist with emergency or outage conditions
- Regular on time attendance is required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT, MIS, or related field
- At least two of the following active certifications. Equivalent or higher-level certifications acceptable.
- VMware Certified Professional 6 (VCP 6)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- ISC(2) Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Minimum 6 years’ experience with maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting various technology environments.
- Prefer deep knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise Services, networking, virtualization, cloud (e.g., Azure, AWS), and storage technologies.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
- Aptitude and willingness to develop advanced network administration skills
- Exceptional people skills and professionalism
- Ability to accurately communicate moderately complex technical information, ideas, and results in both oral and written form
- Ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism in safeguarding confidential data
- Proficiency using and supporting common enterprise software including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), and remote support tools
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Perform all duties in accordance with established safety practices
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Availability for occasional travel for training and meetings
- General office environment requiring sitting, crouching, standing, crawling, and walking
- Frequently lift and/or carry 10-20 lbs., occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires repetitive motions with hands and fingers such as dialing and keyboarding
- Minimal exposure to dust, dirt, and chemicals
- The noise level is generally moderate
Appalachian Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
AEC IS A TENNESSEE DRUG FREE WORKPLACE